A New Beginning
When I talk with patients the issue of weight management, always comes up.
Losing weight, changing our eating habits and adding movement into our lives, requires change.
With change comes leaving behind the old and stepping into a new beginning. An ending is what makes the beginning possible. After all, that is the order of things isn’t it? Leaves change and fall from the trees in the autumn only to reemerge in the spring. One day everything seems to be falling apart; and the next day, life goes on as usual. Every change has an ending that prepares us for new growth, new activities, and new beginnings.
New beginnings are like new energy released in a new direction. You will notice that you are making new beginnings in your life when you:
- Spend more energy on the future than the past or even the present.
- Shift your focus to something new and your productivity increases in that area.
- Feel your morale increasing as you look forward to something new.
There is a rhythm to the whole process of your old identity being renewed into a new identity and purpose. And when we are ready to make a new beginning, opportunity will be waiting for us.
In September I will be teaching the program, Am I Hungry?® Mindful Eating Workshops. Learning to change the way we eat, for many of us, seems impossible. But in this workshop I will combine the benefits of an innovative non-diet approach with the interaction, motivation and support of a group. You’ll learn to be in charge of your eating instead of feeling out of control, how to eat the foods you love without overeating or guilt, how to increase your metabolism, and how to eat healthier without depriving yourself.
As an Am I Hungry?® Workshop Participant:
- You’ll meet other people who struggle with the same issues you do (you are NOT alone!)
- We will cover important topics like how to handle head hunger, strategies for intuitive eating, getting more pleasure from less food, critical steps to take when you have eaten too much – and SO MUCH MORE.
- You’ll receive a copy of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle
- You’ll receive our Eat Mindfully, Live Vibrantly Workbook and Awareness Journal
- You get password access to our private participant web portal where you can discuss challenges and share your successes with your classmates and write in a private online journal.
- You will receive a brief daily Mindful Moment email to keep you motivated and focused.
- You have unlimited email access so I can support you in this journey.You will also receive my newest book, Fibromyalgia Benefits of Regular Exercise, for free.
- Upon completion of the 8 week program you will continue to have access to the forum.
A new beginning awaits you! I know you will enjoy and benefit from the program. The program will be a teleseminar format with peer support and interaction.
Nick was a participant in my last, “Am I Hungry,” workshop. He shares how the workshop helped him:
I have struggled with weight all my life & have been on many diets, all of which worked until I gained more weight than I had lost. I realized that I paid absolutely no attention to my body. I never knew when I was hungry or full. I cooked mostly healthy foods but I ate too fast and too much. After taking this workshop, I take smaller servings, bring home leftovers, and when I have dessert I take smaller portions or share it. I have actually started losing weight.
Please visit my website for more information and if you have any questions please send me an email.
Registration is limited to ensure a small group. Register early to guarantee a spot.